Incoming Cornell MSE Graduate Students
Welcome to Cornell MSE!
Fall 2022 orientation information for new Cornell MSE graduate students:
Orientations will be conducted in-person and are mandatory. We request that students arrive in Ithaca in the first week of August to allow time to get moved in and acclimated, especially those arriving from different time zones.
- MS and PhD orientation will take place: August 15-19
- MEng orientation will take place: August 15-19
In addition to the above department orientations, the Graduate School and College of Engineering provide additional orientation events which we request that you attend. These dates will be provided in the coming weeks.
Important Links for new Cornell MSE graduate students:
- New Student To-Do List
- Housing Information
- Resources for First Year Grad Students
- FAQs for newly admitted graduate students (including international students)
- Graduate Student Primer workshop series
- Graduate School Orientation Hub (different from MSE orientation - you should attend both)
- Once you arrive on campus, request door and mailroom access
- request access to Bard, Thurston, Kimball halls and the Bard B60A mailroom
- select Patricia Gonyea as the advisor
Additional important information on getting set up as a new student:
- Be sure to complete the entire New Student to-do list (above) as soon as possible
- International students should find answers to questions related to I-20 and visas in the FAQ for newly admitted graduate students. If an advisor CV or program requirement outline is needed, please email a request to: email@example.com with subject line "Visa Document Request"
Questions or need accommodations? Email firstname.lastname@example.org