M.Eng. Tuition and Funding
Cost of Attendance: For the 2021-22 academic year, we estimate the following costs. These are estimates and may be subject to change.
- Tuition: $58,586
- Mandatory Health Insurance: $3,420
- Student Activity Fee: $86
- Living Expenses: ~$21,027 for a 9 month period
Financial Aid options:
- Graduate Student Loans:
- For International students
- Scholarships/Internal Fellowships:
- Lester B. Knight M.Eng./MBA Scholarship: open to international students, US citizens, and permanent residents. Knight Scholarships may provide as much as $60,000. Knight Scholars receive a $15,000 tuition award per semester for up to two semesters while enrolled as graduate students in the M.Eng. degree program and a $15,000 tuition award per semester for up to two semesters while enrolled in an MBA degree program at Cornell. Students entering the M.Eng. Degree program with Knight Scholarships may apply to the Johnson School up to five years after M.Eng. graduation and retain the MBA portion of their Knight scholarships. Application deadline: February 1 at 11:59pm EDT.
- Master of Engineering Committee (MEC) Scholarships: Merit-based scholarships of $20,000 or up to full tuition are awarded to the most outstanding applicants to the M.Eng degree program. Applicants are nominated for an MEC Scholarship by the department, and selections are made by the Master of Engineering Committee. No extra application required. If awarded, students will be notified via an emailed letter from the department.
- M.Eng. Dean's Fellowship: Merit-based scholarship. All M.Eng. applicants will automatically be considered for the fellowship as part of the standard application process, with no extra application required. If awarded, students will be notified via an emailed letter from the department.
- MSE Department Scholarships: Awarded by the faculty admissions committee with no additional application required. Number and amount of awards vary depending on available funding. If awarded, students will be notified via an emailed letter from the department.
- Arps Fellowship: Awarded annually to a Master of Engineering student(s) who was a member of the Cornell Crew Team for three years while an undergraduate student.
- Lazaro Memorial Fellowship: The is awarded annually to one or more Master of Engineering students who are permanent residents of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. If you would like to receive consideration for a Lazaro fellowship, please provide legal documentation of residence along with the application
- External Fellowships:
- External fellowships awarded by corporations, the government, and professional societies. Please see the Cornell University Graduate School searchable database.