New Visions Engineering
New Visions Engineering in Partnership with Engaged Cornell
New Visions Engineering is an opportunity for area high school students to explore engineering careers and groundbreaking research on Cornell University.
There are 5 curricular components:
- NYS Regents/Honors Physics
- Engineer your world (a program developed by UT Austin)
- Integrated English, Government & Economics courses
- Hands-on work in the world-class PARADIM research facility
- Immersive Engineering experiences
- Touring Engineering labs across Cornell
- auditing an introductory Cornell ENG Class
- attending topical lectures from ENG Faculty and Graduate Students
- visiting local engineering firms
New Visions Engineering Mission Statement
To provide a pre-college engineering experience that authentically explores engineering processes and practices, reveals the scope of engineering endeavors, highlights the impact engineers have on society and prepares participants for an undergraduate engineering program.